
Grateful for Hotel Congress. It's where I met my husband, and where I spent many, many, many evenings alone and with friends before that.
Grateful for this past weekend, bar tab at the Cup bar, Franziskaner hefeweizen, and the opportunity for my son and daughter to be a few yards away from Exene and John Doe as they sang "See How We Are".
Grateful for the downpour during Al Perry and Joey and John's set last night, and grateful that despite all the bad news in the economy in the last few years, Hotel Congress still has a gravitational pull.
Thank you Exene and John Doe, and thank you friends and Tucson.
(well i can still remember
a couple of years ago
when the smoke and flame called my name
it was a burning house of love)
Yaay X! And love HC. I too spent many a night there. I was reallly sorry I was late for the show, but happy to run into you on the way out!
ReplyDelete