
Hefeweizen in an ale glass during a storm in July. That is the essence of summer in Tucson.
I was on my way to a Tucson Weekly meeting (I write Best of Tucson blurbs every year) when that big storm hit on Wednesday. I was in the Subaru, and the wipers were trashed, so I couldn't see. At all. I had my head out the window going south on Euclid when I turned left to head east I realized that I was being really, really stupid.
So I pulled over near Park and accepted that I was going to miss the meeting. A pint of Paulaner Hefeweizen while waiting for Shipherd to pick me up made it all okay. I sent this photo to Jimmy Boegle to explain my absence--taking shelter in Zachary's, see the rain, see the beer? I am out some much-needed cash, and am sad about missing my annual opportunity to pretend that I get paid to write, but more than money and delusion I need to learn and relearn that I can't control everything, and that what is right in front of me is the most important thing.
I am grateful to this particular pint for reminding me to let go when I need to.
Love this photo. Letting go when we need to - so hard to do sometimes.
ReplyDeleteDoes a missed meeting mean you don't get to write the blurbs for best of tucson?
I didn't know you wrote for those, I hope you get another chance!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I missed out this year. Normally there are extras to go around, categories people don't want to write up, but everyone's scrambling for work now so there is nothing left. Bummer!!
ReplyDeleteBummer, I always loved reading the blurbs and trying to guess which ones you wrote. Very grateful that you took time to be safe though.
ReplyDelete